Sisters Chapel Dedication Plaque

Citation data:

Spelman College Photographs Collection, Buildings and Grounds

Publication Year:
2018
Usage 1
Downloads 1
Repository URL:
http://digitalcommons.auctr.edu/scimgbng/144; http://digitalcommons.auctr.edu/context/scimgbng/article/1143/type/native/viewcontent
Publisher(s):
DigitalCommons@Robert W. Woodruff Library, Atlanta University Center
Tags:
Spelman College; College buildings--Georgia--Atlanta; African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta; Chapels (rooms or structures); Commemorative plaques; African American Studies; Architecture; Higher Education
image description
View of dedication plaque inside Sisters Chapel "The Sisters Chapel was built with funds from the estates of Laura Spelman Rockefeller and Lucy Maria Spelman for many years loyal friends of Spelman College and daughters of Lucy Henry Spelman after whom the college was named. May the beautiful Christian spirit of these sisters and their lives of unselfish service ever be an inspiration to those who cross this threshold. Anno Domini 1926."