PlumX Metrics
Embed PlumX Metrics

Fieldhouse (1951- ), Aireal View

2017
  • 0
    Citations
  • 102
    Usage
  • 0
    Captures
  • 0
    Mentions
  • 0
    Social Media
Metric Options:   Counts1 Year3 Year

Metrics Details

Image Description

An aerial view of the UND Fieldhouse. On May 5, 1950, UND broke ground for the 'University Fieldhouse-Gymnasium.' This $875,000 project and opened the Fieldhouse on November 30, 1951. In 1954, UND added a swimming pool to the fieldhouse. On July 17, 1981, the UND Fieldhouse and the impending addition were named in honor of W. Kenneth Hyslop. Hyslop was a 1906 UND Graduate in Mining Engineering. He donated in excess of &8 million to the UND Foundation. The Hyslop is now home to UND's Swimming and Diving Teams. In addition to the UND Athletic Department, Hyslop also houses 12 racquetball courts, two weight rooms, and a training room. (Information from: Dakota Student: 1950-05-05, 1951-11-30, Dakotah Annual 1951, and the Fighting Sioux Website).

Provide Feedback

Have ideas for a new metric? Would you like to see something else here?Let us know