The Adelphi Fountain and the English Coulee
- Publication Year:
- Usage 2
- Abstract Views 2
- Bepress 2
- Repository URL:
- Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Adelphi Fountain; English Coulee; Coulees; Trees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Outdoor sculpture; Rocks; Landscape; Grasses; North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.); North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota; University of North Dakota
Picture of the Adelphi Fountain standing near the English Coulee. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).