FLEXNER HALL

Publication Year:
2009
Usage 35
Abstract Views 23
Downloads 12
Repository URL:
http://digitalcommons.rockefeller.edu/chemistry-of-life/13
Author(s):
The Rockefeller University
Tags:
Flexner Hall; Phoebus Levene; The Rockefeller Institute; campus
image description
Flexner Hall (left); circa 1920sIn 1918 Phoebus Levene moved his division of chemistry into the building now called Flexner Hall, where he had not only one room for his chemical benches and apparatus, but also an office large enough for his extensive private working library, and ample wall space on which to hang a favorite reproductions of modern paintings. In these quarters he resumed his ceaseless exploration of biological compounds, publishing alone or with assistants from half a dozen to thirty papers every year. (G. Corner. A History of The Rockefeller Institute, 1901-1953)