Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church Stained Glass Window Clearwater, FL

Publication Year:
2011
Usage 32
Downloads 17
Abstract Views 15
Repository URL:
https://digitalcommons.unf.edu/historical_architecture_main/1063
Author(s):
George Lansing Taylor
Tags:
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Stained glass windows; Presbyterian church buildings; Clearwater (Fla.); Churches and synagogues
image description
Stained glass window at the Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church in Clearwater, Florida. The church sanctuary windows were installed when the church was erected in 1921 as a thank offering to God for the end of the First World War and in honor of the Prince of Peace. From this offering come the roots of the church's name "Peace Memorial". Throughout the sanctuary and chapel areas, there are four large picture windows, twenty-four small windows and five pairs of French doors.