Medical Director's Residence, Milwaukee Sanitarium

Citation data:

Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives

Publication Year:
2017
Usage 15
Downloads 12
Abstract Views 3
Repository URL:
https://digitalrepository.aurorahealthcare.org/aph_images/38
Tags:
Medical Director's Residence; Milwaukee Sanitarium
image description
The Medical Director’s Residence was constructed after 1919. This house provided the hospital’s leading physician a place to live on campus. It was used by the hospital’s medical director until the 1960’s. In the 1960’s, the house was known as the EVR Building (educational, vocational, and recreation building). This building had programming for group activities, cooking classes, music lessons, woodworking and shop classes. In the 1990’s, it was known as the Herrington House II. It functioned as a ¾ way house and was used for residential programs for the treatment of addiction issues. In the 21st century, it was called the Alumni House and was used as a transitional living facility for those patients suffering from substance abuse issues. In 2017, the building was demolished so the new Dewey Center could be built. The services previously offered at the Alumni House were transferred to the new Culver Alumni House in 2016.