Florence Elks Lodge, Florence, Ala.
- Publication Year:
- Repository URL:
Florence (Ala.) Elks Lodge. Text on verso reads: "This building is one of the original group of buildings built in 1847 for and occupied by the Florence Female Seminary. In 1855 by an act of the state legislature it was transferred to the Presbyterian Church and its name changed to Florence Synodical College. The college was discontinued in 1897. The building was acquired by the Florence Elks Lodge in 1909."