Lowe House, Pleasant Street

Publication Year:
2012
Usage 88
Abstract Views 62
Downloads 26
Repository URL:
http://vc.bridgew.edu/bridgewater_images/24
Tags:
Bridgewater; Massachusetts; local history; houses; Cultural History; United States History
artifact description
The house at the corner of South and Pleasant Streets was built around 1845 for Dr. Abram T. Lowe, whose family owned the home until the early 1900s. Since the 1950s the building has been in use as the Bridgewater Nursing Home. Prior to its use as a nursing home, the house was used as a restaurant and an inn.